If you are not familiar with our town, Winthrop is a seaside community with nearly 18,000 residents. We are located just a few miles from downtown Boston and are accessible via major highways and public transportation. The Winthrop Farmers Market is managed by an all-volunteer committee with the support of the Town Manager and the local business community. The events will be promoted heavily in town, as well as in the neighboring communities of East Boston and Revere, via print, online, and social media.
Thank you in advance for your consideration - we look forward to working with you!
The Winthrop Farmers Market Committee
Winthrop Farmers Market Application Information
The Winthrop Farmers Market (“WFM”) is a producer-only market committed to providing the local community with access to fresh organic produce from independent farmers and to showcase the unique foods and crafts of artists and small businesses through the organization of seasonal markets which foster an inclusive environment and entrepreneurial vitality.
WFM reserves the right to reject or restrict any vendor that is inconsistent with the above mission, or for any other reason, in its sole discretion.
WFM is a non-profit, all-volunteer, organization.
Season & Hours of Operation
Please note that WFM will be held rain or shine, unless the weather is dangerous. We will contact our vendors in the event of inclement weather.
Please indicate your scheduling preferences below. We will make every effort to accommodate your desired dates, while also working to ensure a diverse group of vendors and to reduce any redundancy in products. Applications will be reviewed for acceptance and processed on a first-come, first-serve basis and participation is also subject to space availability.
Acceptance of WIC/Elderly Vouchers and SNAP
WFM participates in the Massachusetts Farmers Market Nutrition Program. Our market's identifying number is 265. All authorized farmers participating in the WFM are requested to accept WIC/Elderly Voucher forms of payment.
WFM is in the process of becoming an authorized SNAP retailer. If/when WFM is authorized all applicable vendors will receive further guidelines.
Health & Food – Permits
Vendors selling any prepared, cooked, processed or other “hazardous” food or beverage products will be subject to an inspection by the Winthrop Health Department and must submit a completed application to the Board of Health (“BOH”) which will be provided by WFM upon application acceptance. In addition, you will need to mail/email copies of the following permits:
-A copy of Food Establishment (kitchen) Permit from their hometown
-A copy of Certified Food Manager’s (e.g. “Serv Safe”) certificate
-Food Trucks/Food Carts must also submit $100 payment for an annual permit to operate in the Town of Winthrop (there are no additional fees for other food vendors).
Equipment & Utilities
WFM will not be responsible for supplying any equipment or supplies. The following are necessary for the day of market setting: table(s), chair(s), display case (if needed), canopies and weights. There is limited available electricity for vendors at this time – please plan to bring your own generator and/or electrical power source, if necessary. WFM has no funds to make change at the market - we strongly suggest each vendor bring their own small bills and change.
Application Acceptance & Payment
WINTHROP FARMERS MARKET TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Vendor agrees to set-up between 9:00 - 10:00 a.m. and that all displays will remain open and staffed from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Vendor agrees that their vehicles must be removed from the area by 10:30 a.m., which will be strictly monitored by ongoing police parking enforcement. After unloading, parking at municipal lots is available free of charge.
2. Vendor agrees to break-down between 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. and to remove all belongings by 2:00 p.m.
3. Vendor agrees that displays will not visually or physically disturb adjacent Vendors.
4. Vendor agrees to conform to all Winthrop Board of Health and Commonwealth of Massachusetts rules, regulations, and codes.
5. Vendor agrees not to sublet vendor space or sell any merchandise other than that specified in the contract. Vendor agrees that table sharing by multiple vendors is prohibited.
6. Vendor agrees that space assignments will be made, and may be changed, by the Winthrop Farmers Market (“WFM”). Vendor agrees that WFM reserves the right to reject or restrict any vendor in its sole discretion.
7. Vendor agrees that all fees are due in full prior to 1st market date and that no refunds will be made for any reason.
8. Vendor agrees not to make undue noise or odor, i.e., silly string, caps, fireworks, use bright or hazardous lights, or act in any manner deemed inappropriate by WFM.
9. Vendor agrees that no Vendor shall have authority to incur cost or liability for or against WFM. Vendors shall be liable for all damages which they may cause.
10. Vendor agrees that if the WFM or any part thereof is prevented from being held or is cancelled in the event of war, fire, strike, government regulation, public enemy or other unanticipated cause, WFM, in its sole discretion, shall determine and refund to the Vendor its proportionate share of unused funds.
11. Vendor agrees to assume all responsibility for loss, theft or destruction of goods or for personal injuries to himself, his employees, agents, representatives, or visitors, and shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless WFM from any and all liability in connection with any and all of the above.
12. Vendor agrees that the serving of alcoholic beverages is prohibited without prior written permission of WFM and the Town of Winthrop.
13. Vendor acknowledges and agrees that projections of attendance are estimates only, and that no guarantees regarding attendance are being made.
14. Vendor agrees that the failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver by such party of its right to enforce the same or any provision at any time.
15. Vendor agrees that, except as otherwise specifically provided herein, this Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between the parties, and supersedes all proposals, promotional materials, negotiations and understandings of any nature whatsoever. This agreement may be amended only by written instrument signed by both parties.
16. Vendor agrees that this agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and any disputes between the parties shall be brought in the courts of said Commonwealth. By applying for exhibit space at the Winthrop Farmers Market, I understand that I will be required to agree to abide by the terms and conditions as stated above.